8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you had to return to any old game....

3 posters

Go down

If you had to return to any old game.... Empty If you had to return to any old game....

Post  Valkyrie Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 pm

We all have our reasons for quitting the games we played in the past but If you were to return to any of the old MMOs you've played in the past ( still running or no longer running ) which game would it be?

Not sure if this should be in general discussion or in off topic >u<
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

If you had to return to any old game.... Empty Re: If you had to return to any old game....

Post  8bit Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:04 am

Either Windslayer 1 during it's Avocado days or Endless Online; a game I was also really into in the past.

Last edited by 8bit on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

https://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

If you had to return to any old game.... Empty Re: If you had to return to any old game....

Post  thetruth Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeah, about 4 years ago I use to play a game called SwypeOut battle Racing. You would go to the store and buy the starter set which was a card reader and a pack of cards and then you could buy additional card backs that had different skill or weapons, tires, paint jobs, cars. etc. It was really fun and skill based not level based. But since it was more of a toy line and not a game it was shutdown in about a year. It always had people online to race but the game pretty much ended up in the discount bin's. The irritating thing is they didn't even make the game available for local wireless play just the mmo play so when it shutdown the cards and reader were useless. Shame they don't make too many car combat games. Mod Nation was kinda cool put I like pc games.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:59 pm

@ Truth

A car combat game? How does that work? Is it like Twisted Metal? Oohh Valkyrie likes Twisted Metal. Speaking of Twisted Metal, I miss Spawn.

@ 8Bit

Oh gawd Endless online? I was 6 when that game came out. How in the world did you ever get to playing that game?
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  thetruth Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Yeah, it was kinda like twisted metal except you would race around a track and use weapons to finish the laps first. Twisted Metal my only beef with it was you could pull your car back and out of the way and watch the other cars fight each other but do no damage to each other. That kinda turned me off of the game.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

thetruth wrote:Yeah, it was kinda like twisted metal except you would race around a track and use weapons to finish the laps first. Twisted Metal my only beef with it was you could pull your car back and out of the way and watch the other cars fight each other but do no damage to each other. That kinda turned me off of the game.

No damage to each other? Are you talking about camping and letting other cars beat up each other up? Isn't that in most FFA type matches?
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  thetruth Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah, but i'm into realism I think it would have been better if the cars were actually able to kill each other. Of course they would have to had done something to make it impossible to camp. It doesn't make sense to have them shoot at each other without taking damage. Basically the game was one person vs. x number of cars that pretend to fight each other. If you play for instance ffa in starcraft with 1 real player vs. 4 computer the computers actually fight each other. Which is really hilarious if you've never done that.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum