8Bit Superheroes

Lets get things straight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lets get things straight

Post  Owt on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm going to try my best in listing most of the things up to speed. Just thought it needed to be done

~~~Ws2~~~
What has happened?

~Events~
- Commercial launch: Tuesday, 11/8
- "The Fan Club!" (Fansite for Ws2 contest): Event period: 11/3-11/30 http://ws2.ignitedgames.com/center/news/event_view.asp?list_Seq=105&event_finish_flag=N&l_page=1

~In-Game~
- Pvp is currently being worked on
- Premium Shop can now be normally accessed (Is only filled with Power Ranger equipment, light and dark skin tones, some default hairstyles, and other items)
- Hackers have gotten through the latest security patch
- Some people have legit (not obtained from hackers) monster hats

~Hackers~
- Grinding for Daybreak Cubes
- Can reinforce items with equipments and use other class' skills (As well as gets them at the highest skill level)
- Pumping millions of gold into the "economy"
- Giving away the gold they produce
- Obtaining Cash items and giving them away
- Slowing down IG's priorities in fixing up the game?
- Also giving out Rare ranked items, but *Opinion* I do not think it is of a concern
- New players taking in hack-obtained items

~My questions~
- Is the community population dropping?
- Are more hackers getting through?
- Is IG doing best they can at the current situation?
- Did IG make an early commercial release?
- Will IG try another security software?
- Is the possibility of a rollback inevitable?

~My random crap~
- I can't wait for 8BSH to show a DOTH
- I liked that chat box :c
- I hope I made this clear, I'm a very anti-hack person
- Yay! New members on this site c:
- I wanted a Monster Hat...
- I KS hackers, anyone else?
- I still have 2310 Mileage from selling my mount pet Ciel in Cbt
- I have 38/40 mentees...
- I really think people should stop taking Cash items even if they don't mean to harm the game
- I also think that PEOPLE ARE OVERPRICING CERTAIN ITEMS IN THE FLEA MARKET
- Still waiting for the tab-button feature to work for logins, as well as other channels (AT LEAST ONE)
- I still feel like hackers are running [and ruining] the game with their items that they have or give
- I still don't know how to report a hacker without getting the same answer to "Put it on the forums"
- Can't think of anything else to put

I guess that's all I really wanted to say/post. It's just something people might want to look at, with all this jumbo flying around. I still think we'll get rollbacks, and IG will eventually get a fresh start. I'm getting bored doing nothing. Feel free to say something that I might've missed.
Owt
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets get things straight

Post  8bit on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Owt wrote:
~~~Ws2~~~
- "The Fan Club!" (Fansite for Ws2 contest): Event period: 11/3-11/30 http://ws2.ignitedgames.com/center/news/event_view.asp?list_Seq=105&event_finish_flag=N&l_page=1

~My questions~
- Is the community population dropping?
- Are more hackers getting through?
- Is IG doing best they can at the current situation?
- Did IG make an early commercial release?
- Will IG try another security software?
- Is the possibility of a rollback inevitable?

~My random crap~
- I can't wait for 8BSH to show a DOTH
- I liked that chat box :c
- Yay! New members on this site c:
- I wanted a Monster Hat...
- I KS hackers, anyone else?
- I really think people should stop taking Cash items even if they don't mean to harm the game
- I also think that PEOPLE ARE OVERPRICING CERTAIN ITEMS IN THE FLEA MARKET
- Still waiting for the tab-button feature to work for logins, as well as other channels (AT LEAST ONE)
- I still don't know how to report a hacker without getting the same answer to "Put it on the forums"

~~~Ws2~~~
- That's great, I'm just now seeing the part about the 10K iCash. That could be somewhat helpful in our events. What is our competition again? An original domain name? Oh yeah.

~My questions~
- Most definitely. People are probably leaving because of the hackers and because of the fact that there still isn't PvP.
- Yes, everyday
- They are trying, but "trying" takes longer than it should when the main affiliation is with Yahoo Games apparently.
- They prematurely releasulated, I am disappointed in their approach.
- That's what I'm hoping they try out
- Rolling back would seem to be a considerable action to take at this point although they do have other options such as deleting all characters who have items they shouldn't have and irrational amounts of gold.

~My random crap~
- Douche of the Month and Player of the Month are coming soon. Within the next couple of days.
- I've been contemplating adding a chat box to the forums homepage.
- :afro:
- Me too, but it needs to be legit.
- I've decided to start KSing them
- I agree, they should stop because they could be banned or deleted permanently. But there are some people who really don't know they're doing something wrong. The guy's name did have [GM] in it.
- Money Grubbers
- Same here
- Usually I report hackers to GM VasFlamo's Facebook via message.

Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

View user profile http://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xDeathReaperx on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Douche Of The Month Lol.
xDeathReaperx
Excelling Member
Excelling Member

Tang : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Owt on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:16 pm

NN wrote:~~~Ws2~~~
- That's great, I'm just now seeing the part about the 10K iCash. That could be somewhat helpful in our events. What is our competition again? An original domain name? Oh yeah.
The event page saaaayyyysss: The WindSlayer 2 team will evaluate Fansites based on design, functionality, and overall creativity, and then select our three (3) favorite sites. The first place winner will receive 10,000 iCash, followed by 5,000 iCash for the person in second and 2,500 iCash for third place. Plus, the links to the top three sites will be featured on the WindSlayer 2 website.

I think this site has those three traits. Any amount of iCash would be great, considering some of those Premium Shop items cost "little" (And it's little only because iCash is like a $1:100 iCash ratio...I think...). Still, it's enough to give awards for contests. And, ooohhhhh, featured on the site? I guess that would be great too. 8D

I have a feeling they might have canceled this event, not entirely sure though, it's just a hunch. Yeah, the only competition that I can think of is http://www.windslayer2.com.

Oh, did you notice that last bit? "*Please note that if there is a critical bug/exploit being abused, Ignited Games will take any remedial actions including but not limited to reserving the right to wipe OBT to official launch."
I don't think "OBT to official launch" means DURING official launch, but you can still consider it. P:
Owt
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:29 am

I don't care for the iCash, although like I said it could be beneficial. This event does really catch my attention though. I want people to feel they can come here without worrying about saying things that they honestly feel. People shouldn't feel like they're being monitored or censored. Also to enlighten them with the guides/ news and entertainment that we provide. Winning would make me feel so honored although I know what we do is already appreciated to the few that come here regularly. We don't need to win, but it would be nice.

And, I have seen that other fan website. The only thing I worry about is that they will be seen as a better place to go for Wind Slayers solely for the fact that they have the domain "windslayer2.com".

Maybe they will decide to handle this in a manor that doesn't involve wiping. Personally I don't care if there's a wipe since getting rid of hackers is more important to me than my character.

Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

View user profile http://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xDeathReaperx on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:29 am

NN wrote:I don't care for the iCash, although like I said it could be beneficial. This event does really catch my attention though. I want people to feel they can come here without worrying about saying things that they honestly feel. People shouldn't feel like they're being monitored or censored. Also to enlighten them with the guides/ news and entertainment that we provide. Winning would make me feel so honored although I know what we do is already appreciated to the few that come here regularly. We don't need to win, but it would be nice.

And, I have seen that other fan website. The only thing I worry about is that they will be seen as a better place to go for Wind Slayers solely for the fact that they have the domain "windslayer2.com".

Maybe they will decide to handle this in a manor that doesn't involve wiping. Personally I don't care if there's a wipe since getting rid of hackers is more important to me than my character.

Good I Hope This Site Wins... o-o

Really :sunny:
xDeathReaperx
Excelling Member
Excelling Member

Tang : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down