8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions o' Pvp

5 posters

Go down

Opinions o' Pvp Empty Opinions o' Pvp

Post  Owt Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Yeah, I really did not want to post anything like this, but I have a few things to say

Anywho, now that Pvp is released (Without any tricks of sorts), what are you opinions?

I can honestly say, at first, I was neutral with Ws2's Pvp system (Yeah, yeah. I even played in it during Closed Beta, but it felt okay and I didn't really Pvp often). But now, I'm starting to tilt towards disliking it.

(I just felt like listing a few things I have been ranting about since this afternoon)
- With so many people in Pvp, the max-amount-of-players-to-start system is getting to me.
- It has occured to me (It has come to mind before, but taking it firsthand once again since CBT is a little odd) how spam really turns a tide in a fight. I'm not going to name classes, but I'll say it takes barely any skill to spam skills for noobs.
- I EXTREMELY miss block. With all the combos and skills being thrown at me, how could I not wish I that could defend from 80% of them?
- Yes, 5v5, could it not be higher?

So that's that. I just wanted to vent my thoughts. I know we've all complained at least once over something about this Pvp. I've gotten bored of Pvp very quickly too. I might just be cranky because of my Main's class cannot spam as much. I guess addressing our complaints doesn't do much. Oh well. Say what you want.

tl;dr - I [and probably a lot of other Ws1 players] still wish that Ws2's Pvp was more like Ws1's.
Owt
Owt
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 71

Back to top Go down

Opinions o' Pvp Empty Re: Opinions o' Pvp

Post  Valkyrie Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:19 am

I know how you feel, I'm in no rush to jump into pvp having watched played it myself in KWs, spamming is all people do, and those who think otherwise is blind; Also I can't stand how much people run in this Ws. I mentioned this in my suggestion thread but OMFG allow other classes besides warrior to block.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:43 am

I'm starting to lose a lot of respect I had for old players that I see relying 90% on blindly skill mashing as well as for Hamelin for taking something that could have been good and making it worse. Close-ranged classes have to step it up a whole lot more than they had to in the old version. New players that are trying close-ranged classes are just going to get bummed out and succumb to the fact that they're not going to get any gratification in PvP unless they remake their character as a long-ranged. They could have kept the old, more precise and somewhat balanced version and just added 3rd classes to it. What they did was so completely unnecessary; it baffles me. Hopefully there will be some kind of balancing of the game in the future.
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

https://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VastoLorde Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm sorry, but I kind of disagree with what you guys say about skill spamming.

First of all, I didn't play WS1, so I really can't compare the two versions. However, I can speak from my experience in WS2. Skill spamming only works against inexperienced players. I completely suck at PvP (I'm Elementalist btw), so I tried all kinds of tactics against other experienced players. Blindly spamming skills never worked for me. As soon as melee players notice that I'm about to shoot, they simply jump out of the way, and the second jump is followed by a hard swing on my head.

My best bet was to teleport around and try to time my attack to hit the opponent as he lands on the ground. Even that is difficult for me. I try to spam wind bolts when I have high ground, but then, any good players know how to counter that.

I spammed skills against 8Bit in PvP one time, but he still beat the crap out of me with his berserker.

Unless there is some secret to skill spamming, it just ain't working for me.
VastoLorde
VastoLorde
4bit Member
4bit Member

Tang : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Owt Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:40 am

VastoLorde wrote:I'm sorry, but I kind of disagree with what you guys say about skill spamming.

First of all, I didn't play WS1, so I really can't compare the two versions. However, I can speak from my experience in WS2. Skill spamming only works against inexperienced players. I completely suck at PvP (I'm Elementalist btw), so I tried all kinds of tactics against other experienced players. Blindly spamming skills never worked for me. As soon as melee players notice that I'm about to shoot, they simply jump out of the way, and the second jump is followed by a hard swing on my head.

My best bet was to teleport around and try to time my attack to hit the opponent as he lands on the ground. Even that is difficult for me. I try to spam wind bolts when I have high ground, but then, any good players know how to counter that.

I spammed skills against 8Bit in PvP one time, but he still beat the crap out of me with his berserker.

Unless there is some secret to skill spamming, it just ain't working for me.
I guess my second opinion was out of line, but when you're a Sniper like me, you'd understand my frustration on the lack of ability to "spam" skills (I won't see as much of a problem when 3rd classes are released).

When I mentioned the lack of skill needed, I was comparing it towards Ws1. That's basically what I'm trying to say. I guess we all need to adjust or adapt to the new things that are in front of us.

You have to admit though, one false move against almost anyone and it could mean your loss.

Other than that, most of this "ranting" was about suggestions/how I miss the way Ws1's Pvp was.
Owt
Owt
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

I learned that the best way to defeat spammers is to just not come after them, taunt them by jumping back and fourth dodging attacks until his/her mana is low enough for you to begin fighting them. I have 65 wins and 1 loss ( because of a damn triple beast spam abuser ) because I learned to simply run opponents mana out ( while using hp recovery buff ( paladin ) until their mana is low enough for them to start actually trying to aim attacks rather than playing erratically. I still think this game is heavily spammed based as I've had a much harder time fighting players using other classes to paladin.

Perm speed, offense, recovery buff? Win !
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Valkyrie wrote:I learned that the best way to defeat spammers is to just not come after them, taunt them by jumping back and fourth dodging attacks until his/her mana is low enough for you to begin fighting them. I have 65 wins and 1 loss ( because of a damn triple beast spam abuser ) because I learned to simply run opponents mana out ( while using hp recovery buff ( paladin ) until their mana is low enough for them to start actually trying to aim attacks rather than playing erratically. I still think this game is heavily spammed based as I've had a much harder time fighting players using other classes to paladin.

Perm speed, offense, recovery buff? Win !

What? really? Pallys are better now? They used to just spam invincibility and run around while healing.
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Tang : 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Yeah they're allot better, instead of all paladin skills consisting of a different buff

Healing level 30
Attack level 33
Magic attack level 37
Speed level 41

The buffs are fused so, Healing and Speed level 33, Both Attacks level 37. The 30 and 41 slots are replaced with nifty attacks. The level 30 is a very long ranged slash and the level 41 is a skill canceler ( it has priority over every close range attack )
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:15 pm

ehhh cool
derpbag
derpbag