8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of online games that 8BSH takes kindly to and welcomes

2 posters

Go down

List of online games that 8BSH takes kindly to and welcomes Empty List of online games that 8BSH takes kindly to and welcomes

Post  8bit Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:26 am

1. Wind Slayer 2
A game that was once overloaded with potential but took another approach that we at 8BSH don't approve of very much. Despite the recent overhauls in the game the developers are adding some interesting things to it to catch our lost attention. Although we appreciate the efforts put into re-vamping the game, we still believe that if some of the old factors were kept that it could have flourished into a very attractive online game.

2. Maplestory
Another great 2D, Side scrolling MMORPG that we approve of for various reasons. A majority of community sucks though. This game makes you want to work to become stronger and stronger and has a pretty damn interesting class and skill system.

3. Minecraft
One of our favorite sandbox games out there because of it's immense room for imagination while keeping an adventurous feel. We appreciate the modding tolerance of this game by the developers. This game will be around for a long time.

4. Team Fortress
Kiss me

5. King Arthur's Gold
Up-and-coming 2D, PVP based strategy game that we find very fun. Not a lot of people know about this game and we think there should be more people playing it because it's awesome. It's in beta or alpha right now so we can look forward to interesting content to be added over the time of its development.

6. Wonderland Online
Very fun 2D game that has a lot of unique aspects to it. This game has been around for quite some time and has brought much joy in the past. It's definitely worth the time to try out.
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

https://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

List of online games that 8BSH takes kindly to and welcomes Empty Re: List of online games that 8BSH takes kindly to and welcomes

Post  Valkyrie Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:03 pm

8bit wrote:1. Wind Slayer 2
A game that was once overloaded with potential but took another approach that we at 8BSH don't approve of very much. Despite the recent overhauls in the game the developers are adding some interesting things to it to catch our lost attention. Although we appreciate the efforts put into re-vamping the game, we still believe that if some of the old factors were kept that it could have flourished into a very attractive online game.

My only complaint about this game is that I don't think they really had much concern for what the players wanted when they revisioned this game, rather they just did whatever they wanted.

This is similar to how Sega jeopardized the Sonic franchise by trying all these random new things without the players consent only to be met by hostile response and bad ratings. It wasn't until they decide to finally give the players what they wanted and return to the original Sonic style that they started receiving good feedback.

8bit wrote:2. Maplestory
Another great 2D, Side scrolling MMORPG that we approve of for various reasons. A majority of community sucks though. This game makes you want to work to become stronger and stronger and has a pretty damn interesting class and skill system.

I like cash based games, don't get me wrong, I know that companies need to make revenue in order to stay in business. But when games become purely cashed based, meaning that a new comer can perform just as well as veterans simply by cashing the fuck out of his/her characters, that's when I draw the line. Also cash based games screw up the economy so badly that it becomes nearly impossible for casual players to enjoy the game.

Also as mentioned countless times, the notorious community is super hostile to new players and will scam you up the ass with every opportunity so this game wouldn't be something I'd recommend to people new to mmos.

8bit wrote:3. Minecraft
One of our favorite sandbox games out there because of it's immense room for imagination while keeping an adventurous feel. We appreciate the modding tolerance of this game by the developers. This game will be around for a long time.

I've played this game once upon a time with a gf of mine sometime ago, was extremely fun but overtime I started getting more into console games, you know with the whole revolutionary graphics that I just stopped playing.

8bit wrote:4. Team Fortress
Kiss me

I'm not much into shooters.

8bit wrote:5. King Arthur's Gold
Up-and-coming 2D, PVP based strategy game that we find very fun. Not a lot of people know about this game and we think there should be more people playing it because it's awesome. It's in beta or alpha right now so we can look forward to interesting content to be added over the time of its development.

Yeah I never heard about this one, it sounds like a RTS, I don't have the patients for such games.

8bit wrote:6. Wonderland Online
Very fun 2D game that has a lot of unique aspects to it. This game has been around for quite some time and has brought much joy in the past. It's definitely worth the time to try out.

I played this game during the time of WS1s update hiatus, I thoroughly enjoyed the game but I decided to make characters on a terribly unpopulated server thinking I was going to lag badly in the more populated servers.

Gameplay is really enjoyable ( especially when you open multiple clients on 1 computer ) I always played with 3 accounts simultaneously, mainly to increase my exp. The exp system is a make or break system imo, if you're unfamiliar with it or inexperience with builds you'll find yourself leveling at godly slow speeds.

WLO is a great game for people that need a side game to play with their main due to the BOT trainer offered at the beginning of the game but this does make the game feel unrewarding (imo) since you'll never actually train, just fight a few key battles, roam a few key dungeons, then leave the computer on overnight while CPU train you.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down