8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I'm looking around.

3 posters

Go down

So I'm looking around. Empty So I'm looking around.

Post  Valkyrie Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:50 am

Zanda and Burning hill look nice, pretty cool, kinda disappointing hearing UnderWater city music in Zanda the Ghost Town (wtf)? But unfortunately there isn't a whole lot different from IG's WS2 than the KWS, I beat up some monsters in Zanda which are horrifically easy, and I'm like geez Balderan Is harder than this shit lol ! But I noticed they're like 2 new skills for each class and I have seen some cool new gear like them special gears you see in other mmos, so the core gameplay is unchanged and the excitement doesn't last long in terms of the new maps but nevertheless it seems that KWS is doing okay.

Still would've liked some sort of....change. That 25k hawker is absolutely brutal on newb players.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

So I'm looking around. Empty Re: So I'm looking around.

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:04 am

Valkyrie wrote:Zanda and Burning hill look nice, pretty cool, kinda disappointing hearing UnderWater city music in Zanda the Ghost Town (wtf)? But unfortunately there isn't a whole lot different from IG's WS2 than the KWS, I beat up some monsters in Zanda which are horrifically easy, and I'm like geez Balderan Is harder than this shit lol ! But I noticed they're like 2 new skills for each class and I have seen some cool new gear like them special gears you see in other mmos, so the core gameplay is unchanged and the excitement doesn't last long in terms of the new maps but nevertheless it seems that KWS is doing okay.

Still would've liked some sort of....change. That 25k hawker is absolutely brutal on newb players.

*-* please dumb it down lol
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Tang : 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:11 am

derpbag wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:Zanda and Burning hill look nice, pretty cool, kinda disappointing hearing UnderWater city music in Zanda the Ghost Town (wtf)? But unfortunately there isn't a whole lot different from IG's WS2 than the KWS, I beat up some monsters in Zanda which are horrifically easy, and I'm like geez Balderan Is harder than this shit lol ! But I noticed they're like 2 new skills for each class and I have seen some cool new gear like them special gears you see in other mmos, so the core gameplay is unchanged and the excitement doesn't last long in terms of the new maps but nevertheless it seems that KWS is doing okay.

What I was saying here was, they're a few new maps like the ones mentioned above that we'll eventually get in our Wind Slayer, however they're so redundant I can't fathom why they're even implemented in the game. They're much harder than the current maps we have now ( not technically hard but harder than our current maps ) so they serve no purpose in the game. They'll just be ignored for the easier, more monster plentiful maps we have now. As for the hawkers, hawkers are mobile shops you summon to sell your items rather than having to go back to town to sell them. But they only last 5 minutes and vanish if you leave the area. The drop rate of items are is so insanely high you'll often be summoning them quite often because your inventory fills up every 2 mobs ( literally ) this maps players not want to loot items at all which hurts your gold because of potions. So they serve no purpose being sold at 25k a piece because they're too annoying to use and too expensive. Who wants to go back to town every 2 mobs anyway?

As for the gears, the special gears are also redundant because players still prefer gears with stat bonuses like +9 str over a gear set. The gear sets just aren't worth it.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:13 am

Valkyrie wrote:
derpbag wrote:

What I was saying here was, they're a few new maps like the ones mentioned above that we'll eventually get in our Wind Slayer, however they're so redundant I can't fathom why they're even implemented in the game. They're much harder than the current maps we have now ( not technically hard but harder than our current maps ) so they serve no purpose in the game. They'll just be ignored for the easier, more monster plentiful maps we have now. As for the hawkers, hawkers are mobile shops you summon to sell your items rather than having to go back to town to sell them. But they only last 5 minutes and vanish if you leave the area. The drop rate of items are is so insanely high you'll often be summoning them quite often because your inventory fills up every 2 mobs ( literally ) this maps players not want to loot items at all which hurts your gold because of potions. So they serve no purpose being sold at 25k a piece because they're too annoying to use and too expensive. Who wants to go back to town every 2 mobs anyway?

As for the gears, the special gears are also redundant because players still prefer gears with stat bonuses like +9 str over a gear set. The gear sets just aren't worth it.

I said dumb it down lol not make it more complicated for me to read = 3=
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:28 am

Okay okay.

New maps - Pointless due to them being more difficult than older maps while having no beneficial qualities.
Hawkers - Too damn expensive, only players above level 60 70+ can afford.
Gear sets - Too redundant because stated gear give desire stats ( in WS is always the offensive stat )
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Valkyrie wrote:Okay okay.

New maps - Pointless due to them being more difficult than older maps while having no beneficial qualities.
Gear sets - Too redundant because stated gear give desire stats ( in WS is always the offensive stat )

What's a hawker?
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm

derpbag wrote:

What's a hawker?
+________________________________+ It's a Mobile shop ( a itemless NPC used for selling items to outside towns )
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
derpbag wrote:

What's a hawker?
+________________________________+ It's a Mobile shop ( a itemless NPC used for selling items to outside towns )

wow lol kind of like @shop in maplestory private servers huh but costs money.
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Hamelin pretty much kept everything in WS rather simple. Not in a bad way though, I always felt like I was playing an actual old school game, not a new game that was created in old school fashion, but an actual authentic old school game which made it that much better. I as well as many people were greatly disappointed with the new WS appearance though just as many praise it.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 pm

really? is it that bad?
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  BardOfLife Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:26 pm

When, I first saw the graphics for windslayer2, I was a bit disappointed. I preferred the simple graphics where everyone had the same stance. Plus it didn't look 2.5D (everything is 3d'ish but the game itself is 2d gameplay.) But I learned to live with it.
BardOfLife
BardOfLife
Excelling Member
Excelling Member

Tang : 62

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 am

BardOfLife wrote:When, I first saw the graphics for windslayer2, I was a bit disappointed. I preferred the simple graphics where everyone had the same stance. Plus it didn't look 2.5D (everything is 3d'ish but the game itself is 2d gameplay.) But I learned to live with it.

But Wind Slayer loses its uniqueness sort to speak, Wind Slayer was in a way known for its old school graphics and gameplay, now that they went on and modernized it its just another 2D side scroller. <_>

Perfect example, think at the mass amount of Ragnarok players bashing the shit out Ragnarok 2's modernized 3D look. They despise it to the point people from the original Ragnarok old and new don't even want to touch it. Because it's no longer Ragnarok, it's just another eye candy 3DMMORPG.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:47 am

Valkyrie wrote:
BardOfLife wrote:When, I first saw the graphics for windslayer2, I was a bit disappointed. I preferred the simple graphics where everyone had the same stance. Plus it didn't look 2.5D (everything is 3d'ish but the game itself is 2d gameplay.) But I learned to live with it.

But Wind Slayer loses its uniqueness sort to speak, Wind Slayer was in a way known for its old school graphics and gameplay, now that they went on and modernized it its just another 2D side scroller. <_>

Perfect example, think at the mass amount of Ragnarok players bashing the shit out Ragnarok 2's modernized 3D look. They despise it to the point people from the original Ragnarok old and new don't even want to touch it. Because it's no longer Ragnarok, it's just another eye candy 3DMMORPG.

Like the special feeling you get from playing tetris....
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Absolutely, old graphics aren't bad if you can at least identify everything, my younger brother has been playing Sonic Adventure 2 ( port on the Xbox360 ) and I think for a game that's over a decade old the game still looks pretty sweet. Now if only we could get a MMO like that with slightly smoother graphics so it wouldn't be so costly on the developers.

High production value = Need more money to maintain & produce content = higher prices = raging players = free players rage quitting = less than satisfied developers = slower updates / no updates = paying players inflating game prices to accommodate lack of free players buying items = game market crash = less revenue = game closing.

But this isn't always the case : 3
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Valkyrie wrote:Absolutely, old graphics aren't bad if you can at least identify everything, my younger brother has been playing Sonic Adventure 2 ( port on the Xbox360 ) and I think for a game that's over a decade old the game still looks pretty sweet. Now if only we could get a MMO like that with slightly smoother graphics so it wouldn't be so costly on the developers.

High production value = Need more money to maintain & produce content = higher prices = raging players = free players rage quitting = less than satisfied developers = slower updates / no updates = paying players inflating game prices to accommodate lack of free players buying items = game market crash = less revenue = game closing.

But this isn't always the case : 3

I have a pretty crappy computer lol dual core 2.0 ghz only and 3gb ram. so the only games i would like are low end supportive games and of course epic gameplay style games.
Good games have: Super low and Super high graphic
ability to use WASD and point + click to move
more than 4/5 classes < unique from usual warrior, thief, mage, archer, cleric
good community > not maplestory's epic scam attack on newbies
some sort of pvp < fair
balance of classes < no OP mobile suit lazor with super ultra homing 999 damage missiles LOL
STW - skills to win not PTW - pay to win
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum