8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LaTale

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LaTale Empty LaTale

Post  8bit Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Just started playing this game. It never really interested me but I thought I'd give it a shot because I've already played every other 2D MMO.

The game has potential although it's strangely laggy (server-side). The classes are fine, so are the leveling system and skills. People bitch about the poor translations like they're supposed to be the game's most significant flaw. The bad translations are understandable so I'm fine with that as well. One thing that really annoys me is how incredibly chibi this game is. Males look like females no matter how you switch the options around. The animations are great and I believe that the premium shop clothing is mostly permanent.

All and all.... I probably wouldn't get too serious with this game just because of the lag. Personally I enjoyed WS and Maplestory a lot more.

What do you think about this game?
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

https://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty Re: LaTale

Post  Owt Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 am

Yes, I've seen people and MMO sites talk about how bad translations are supposedly "cons". If anything I would say, in my opinion, it IS a bit too chibi for me [as well as bright. Dang.]
The controls seem to disagree with me, but that's a bit minor too.
It might just be the overall gameplay. My taste just doesn't flow with LT's skills, leveling, movement, and etc.

And I did not lag as much as I thought I would. c:
-Sticks with my other games-
Owt
Owt
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 am

Oh, you reminded me about the controls. They're a funky and personally I think MMO's should conform in that aspect just for convenience. I did get used to them but still... why even try to "fix" what isn't broken?
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Not really sure why but despite playing with a crappy PC for so long connection has never been an issue for me. But it is known that players from the east coast do have latency problems in La Tale sooo.

As for translations, its always puzzled me why people complain about dialog in games when nobody ever reads it.

Controls, I hate the fact I can't use all the keys on the keyboard, it makes it difficult to go duel trees so in that regard I agree the controls stink.

Cosmetics, I dunno, you can make your character look masculiant but like Wind Slayer you're going to need Icash/Astros,

Content wise Wind Slayer is clearly outmatched, theres almost never not something to do in La Tale which always keeps the player busy.

IMO in its current standing I think La Tale has allot more going for it than Wind Slayer, the only issue is pvp on La Tale's part, random chosen pvps mean you'll almost ALWAYS fight against souped up players in which case you're tomato sauce if your gear isn't up to par. However, if you took a look at Wind Slayer 2 (KR of course) large pvp rooms you'll notice that players have up to +30 all stats and +150 on a specific stats so I think Wind Slayer 2 will follow down that road where gear has absolute rule in pvp.

Overall if you're looking for a game where you don't need to burn real money constantly to stay top dawg than play Wind Slayer, if you can cash without issue I'd say play La Tale. Since 8Bitty lags in La Tale I say screw it, I don't lag allot but the lag I have in Korean Wind Slayer was enough to make me less than excited to play.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty I agree....necro agree.

Post  thetruth Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 am

Yeah, I found this thread about a year too late. Seems to be the only mention of the game on the board. Just got into La Tale for the 2nd time and was wondering why Wslayers never found a home there. The control is laggy crazy laggy. This game has easily the worst lag I have ever seen. It's not all the time but it's bad enough to notice atleat once or twice a minute. Trying to run from a mob so you can take a potion before you die and lag hits just sucks. The character movement is to slow and for whatever reason the first few days of playing the game gave me horrible headaches. And it is so slow to level solo in this game. I like it alot more then Elsword and it's inescapable combos. However, my eyes have adjusted to it and it's clunky gamepad breaking controls that I have dedicated myself to hitting level 80 at least solo grinding. Needed to find a good grinder because I just discovered "The Monster Channel" on my pc so I can play La Tale in a small window while watching old scifi and horror movies in another window. Already at level 47 hope to hit 80 in a week and a half or so. Can't grind this game for 12 hrs. like WS.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am

The main reason why I think La Tale doesn't have a huge population is simply because their servers are weak. Players that live too far from the server will suffer connection issues and there's nothing you can do about it. I never had this issue because I live in Arizona but I've heard people as far as Kansas or Wyoming aren't safe from the latency issue trolling the game.

Is the game less cash based? I'd imagine it'd be more cash based than ever, Korean games tend to not care about balance. I'd probably go back there someday if I ever decide to play another FTP MMO, I haven't actually played any in nearly a year now.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty ...lvl 80...

Post  thetruth Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:23 am

Took about 5 days to go from 47-80. As for whether the game is cash based... basically if you want to level faster is the only really noticeable difference I can see from cash. Haven't gotten into pvp much but according to wikipedia they do make an attempt to balance it by boosting the stats of the lower level play to be competitive with the higher one. This really is a deep game to level in even with party xp. It seems most of the players are under level 80. And without buying prime xp boosters which offers 500% exp levels 50-80 might take you 2-3 hrs. each without a party if you keep finding good maps to grind on. I will say this about the grinding. Every level to grind didn't really seem to get progressively harder like in Windslayer. All the levels from 47-80 took about 1 to 1 and half hours(with boosts). Now I look for gear and check out crafting. I'm done spending money on this game.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 am

To put La tale in a Wind Slayer perspective.

In Wind Slayer is impossible ( or near impossible ) to have +10 on a gear, the amount of luck needed to get +10 of a single stat on a gear is gosh darn high, let alone having + 10 strength on every piece of monk gear you have while being being legendary ( cube gear ) at the same time WITH all elementriums used on each piece of gear being + 5 strength on top of 5 + 11 strong + 5 weak damages without mad cashing. Well, in the Korean version of Wind Slayer everyone has this set up, players in the KWS have +7 of all stats on all their accessories too.

To better understand how WS and LT are similar this is how cash breaks La tale. You use puzzles to upgrade your gear, each level of puzzle increases your stat by a certain increment with using normal puzzles you can probably reach about + 33 strength, luck, stamina, intelligence. With super puzzles the increment per puzzle is much broader which you're likely to get + 41 ~ 52 strength, luck, stamina, intelligence. This is where it becomes cash based, they're cubes which reduces the stat and level of the puzzle however the increments of cubing ( lower puzzle level ) is higher than the puzzles themselves meaning when you cube you often reduce your stat and durability so much that you can't recover from it using normal puzzles, however with super puzzles the increments for them are the same as cubes meaning with a bit of luck you can push your stats higher than the cubes can reduce. What does this mean? It means a frequent casher will end up having + 100 ~ 127 strength, luck, stamina, intelligence on each of their gear pieces while a free player has around 33 ~ 40 and a person who uses but don't abuser super puzzles 40 ~ 50. In terms of min/max damage some cashers have up to +50 ~ 60% more max/min damage, a free player gets around 20 ~ 24% a super puzzler will have around 30 ~ 35.

I'm assuming farming gold is less tedious than ever before but I'm also sure the game's free market has even more inflated prices so I can't entirely be sure how long it'll take to farm up the Ely/Gold to purchase what you need, but if you're going at La Tale as a free player I don't think you're going to enjoy it much. Korean MMOs tend to either forget or simply not care that premium currency should be a convenience not a necessity but whatever.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty interesting...

Post  thetruth Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Wow, that was very insightful. I really just rushed through the game to level and didn't focus much on the puzzle's. I did upgrade my gear with your basic npc puzzles but was unaware of the complexities of it. Kinda ticks me off now because I could have leveled even faster. The thing that annoyed me the most about La Tale is lack of good user guides. Most guides for La Tale for grinding are usually focused on party play and the maps are either for multiplayer dungeons or just horrible maps with low respawn. Luckily I have a warp crystal so I found several maps that could earn me a level an hour. Super puzzles ehhhh? That would be expensive to constantly upgrade your gear. For me that would probably be more of an end game thing. I guess the good thing about La Tale is if you have friends you could start your own fight club and make your own rules about weapons upgrades in matches and what not unlike in Maple where your just thrown into it. I like La Tale the grinding can be pleasant on some maps and it''s my temporary home for now. I don't see myself spending $50 a month on it or anything or even $20 for that matter but from the other 2d games MS, Elsword, Soul Savior it has what I like the most enjoyable classes and push button skills not up, down, z,x,z,x attacks.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty Learn how to do free offers.

Post  Valkyrie Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 am

Well if you plan on being a free or semi free player I suggest you learn how to spam free offers. It really really helps while being a useful skill for future MMOs you play : 3

My advice? Learn how to reset your IP address and then spam the sh&t out of watch this and that videos or play this and that game if you're uncomfortable with giving away information. Of course they give crappy amount of premium currency but over time it makes up for the time invested.

( 0 ) Do offers
( 1 ) Reset address
( 2 ) Turn off PC
( 3 ) Wait about 30 seconds
( 4 ) Go back to the offer and do it again.
( 5 ) Repeat, good luck.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty QUESTIONS!!

Post  thetruth Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:14 pm

I might try that. And maybe you can explain this to me about La Tale. I read about it but I don't understand cube vs. puzzles. Cubes reduce your stats? Why would I want to reduce a stat? I was reading about some guy who wanted to reduce his critical? I don't get that. After your last post I must have spent 2 hours reading everything possible about La Tale, puzzles, upgradeds, skill builds...etc. I explored the market and auction system and the cool thing is the uber gear seems to be a lot cheaper then what you would find in Maple or Elsword. The bad thing is I spent about 3 million upgrading a special weak weapon knuckle then of course I found one with the same stats in the auction house for 200k.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 am

thetruth wrote:I might try that. And maybe you can explain this to me about La Tale. I read about it but I don't understand cube vs. puzzles. Cubes reduce your stats? Why would I want to reduce a stat? I was reading about some guy who wanted to reduce his critical? I don't get that. After your last post I must have spent 2 hours reading everything possible about La Tale, puzzles, upgradeds, skill builds...etc. I explored the market and auction system and the cool thing is the uber gear seems to be a lot cheaper then what you would find in Maple or Elsword. The bad thing is I spent about 3 million upgrading a special weak weapon knuckle then of course I found one with the same stats in the auction house for 200k.

Okay I'll try to make cube and puzzling simpler.

I don't know the exact increments of each puzzle so bare with me.

Lets say strength puzzle increases your stats.

Level 1 : 1 ~ 3
Level 2 : 1 ~ 3
Level 3 : 2 ~ 4
Level 4 : 2 ~ 5
Level 5 : 3 ~ 7
Level 6 : 4 ~ 7
Level 7 : 5 ~ 8
Level 8 : 5 ~ 8
Level 9 : 6 ~ 8
Level 10 : 6 ~ 9

Lets say strength cubes decreases your stats.

Level 1 : 3 ~ 1
Level 2 : 3 ~ 1
Level 3 : 4 ~ 2
Level 4 : 5 ~ 2
Level 5 : 7 ~ 3
Level 6 : 7 ~ 4
Level 7 : 8 ~ 5
Level 8 : 8 ~ 5
Level 9 : 8 ~ 6
Level 10 : 9 ~ 6

As you can see, cubes rate of decrease is higher than that of puzzles increase, meaning without a ton of luck your durability and stats are going to suffer. However, if you're lucky ( especially with normal puzzles ) that the rate of increase you receive from puzzles is higher than what cubes decrease, you can push your stats higher E.G

Strength puzzle
Level 7 : 5 ~ 8 - You received 8 strength from this puzzle.

Strength cube
Level 7 : 8 ~ 5 - You lost 5 strength from this cube.

As you can see there is a 3 strength difference between how much strength you gained than what you have lost. What does this mean? It's simple.
You used a puzzle to level your strength bonus to level 7, however you used a cube to bring it back down to level 6, when you increased the puzzle level to 7 you gained 8 strength, when you decreased the level back down to 6 you lost 5 strength, now where your puzzle strength at level 6 was +20 is now +23. Make sense? However this is very luck based and normal puzzles decrease your durability much more than super puzzles do so unless your gear was made by a level 20 Armor crafter with 300 durability don't expect to do allot of puzzle + cubing.

How are super puzzles better? Not only is the durability reduction from them 5 ~ 10 instead of normals 5 ~ 15 but the increments are much broader.

Level 1 : 1 ~ 5
Level 2 : 1 ~ 5
Level 3 : 2 ~ 7
Level 4 : 2 ~ 7
Level 5 : 3 ~ 9
Level 6 : 4 ~ 9
Level 7 : 5 ~ 10
Level 8 : 5 ~ 10
Level 9 : 6 ~ 12
Level 10 : 6 ~ 12

Giving a much more probable outcome of pushing your stats higher than what cubes can reduce on top of taking less durability than normal puzzles allowing for much more cube + puzzling. It's not easy, you'll find yourself trying to push the same gear over and over to max out its stats and you better have some success rate increase, that 5% failure rate can be deadly.

Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty Another thing.

Post  Valkyrie Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:21 am

Make sure you have a trash PC you don't care about to do Play this game or Install this problem offers, you're very likely to install something nasty on your PC, DO NOT DO DOWNLOAD offers without a trash PC you may regret it. Me? I simply spam those offers cause they give allot of premium currency then when shiz goes sour I manufacturer restore the entire PC, then hopefully I get an idea of what shiz'd my PC and avoid that particular offer when doing offers agian.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 am

You can use Sandboxie for the offers that require you to download. I'm starting to want to play this game again, grrr. If it wasn't for that lag. Also, I was a little worried about the game's condition. I feel like it's going to close down as I'm getting back into it or something.

Oh god, Windslayer has permanently messed my brain up. Gotta say though, I really like the cash shop in Latale.

*O*
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:48 am

8bit wrote:You can use Sandboxie for the offers that require you to download. I'm starting to want to play this game again, grrr. If it wasn't for that lag. Also, I was a little worried about the game's condition. I feel like it's going to close down as I'm getting back into it or something.

Oh god, Windslayer has permanently messed my brain up. Gotta say though, I really like the cash shop in Latale.

*O*

Sandboxie? I don't know anything about that, I personally just redo the same video offers, whenever I do download something it looks like this * note this scan was done just yesterday immediately prior to the offer *

The very first thing I downloaded and it was a familiar program and BAM ! Instant problems.
https://2img.net/h/i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee409/FlowerVase/Freakingfreeoffers_zpsbd978184.png
The High risk all came from just 1 free offer that I ended up not getting points for >_______>
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 am

Back when I did offers I would download everything into sandboxie, do like 15 download offers, clear sandbox, clear cookies/ cache and carry on. But keep in mind, a lot of them are by the same people that only want to pay you one time.
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty ..lag...

Post  thetruth Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:28 pm

As for the lag there is a program called WTFast that uses proxy servers to speed up game play. It's not a hack it just re-routes your net traffic to a faster server. I've used it for a while now. I tried it on La Tale and didn't notice any lag spikes but the game of course is just naturally clunky. It also claims it supports La Tale. It's offering a free trial right now of 30 days. The thing is you can't really tell how much faster its making you because when you log into the game it always gives a default of 1000 ms.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 am

I'll download that and see if it helps any. So I started playing the game again and it doesn't seem too bad. My ign is Florgenstein, feel free to send me a request. Though I don't really know how the friend or guild system works yet.
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty Why not use 8bit?

Post  Valkyrie Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 am

As your Ign I mean, it's probably taken but you could use WS8bit or something XD !

What made you decide to take a break from Phantasy Star? It's a great MMO. I remember hearing something bout it coming to NA later this year but that was awhile back.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty how odd..

Post  thetruth Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Everyone talks about lag and last night La Tale upgraded it's servers and moved them to the east coast and left the west coast. Everyone in the East is estactic and everyone in California is bummed. I'm in Texas so it didn't really make a difference. It still runs faster for me using WTFast and picking a NY or Boston server. I'm Level 90 now took a break from leveling for a few days. But still from level 47-90 using boosters and choosing maps wisely it never takes more then an hour to level on any level.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Valkyrie wrote:As your Ign I mean, it's probably taken but you could use WS8bit or something XD !

What made you decide to take a break from Phantasy Star? It's a great MMO. I remember hearing something bout it coming to NA later this year but that was awhile back.

Florgenstein is my my personal IGN, and 8Bit is just a kind of mascot for this site, so I don't use it for anything that isn't related to 8BSH. PSO is an off and on thing with me.

thetruth wrote:Everyone talks about lag and last night La Tale upgraded it's servers and moved them to the east coast and left the west coast. Everyone in the East is ecstatic and everyone in California is bummed. I'm in Texas so it didn't really make a difference. It still runs faster for me using WTFast and picking a NY or Boston server. I'm Level 90 now took a break from leveling for a few days. But still from level 47-90 using boosters and choosing maps wisely it never takes more then an hour to level on any level.

That's pretty cool since I live in Florida, maybe that's why it seemed to be better for me. Gonna try that program in a second
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

LaTale Empty ..

Post  thetruth Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:04 pm

The weird thing about this game is it seems every so often they give a speed boost for an hour or so which makes the gameplay more enjoyable. Doesn't make sense why they just don't leave it that fast all the time. Really digging this game. Needs more pvp options though. I'm starting to like it more then WS because it has so much to do. The market isn't really grossly inflated either. I bought a cash shop item called a "champions cache" for at the time 203 astros, It came with 6 prime xp's you can sell for 9 million each at a petcharger you can sell for about the same and about another 20 million or so in potions. So the whole thing can go on the market for about 100 million. Then when you search the market you rarely see gear over 10 million if even 2 million. The nice thing is all this time I haven't seen any kinda of vac hack yet.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm

@8bit
Lol Florgenstein, when I first read that I instantly thought of a flower. Also your DeviantArts look so unique it's really neato. About your avatar, I didn't know that was female til I read your info thingamajigger. I'm kinda the same way I use Valkyrie in MMO games but FlowerVase everywhere else.

@ Truth
La Tale has a pretty dedicated Dev Team and OGP has been around for awhile and hasn't ever had a hacked game so it really helps deter hackers I think.

The Speed increase thing is pretty cool though I'm one of the really lucky players that never had lag there.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Lol Florgenstein, when I first read that I instantly thought of a flower. Also your DeviantArts look so unique it's really neato. About your avatar, I didn't know that was female til I read your info thingamajigger. I'm kinda the same way I use Valkyrie in MMO games but FlowerVase everywhere else.

People usually tell me they think of some kind of ugly creature. Someone even said it makes them think of flem, and their entire family says the word Florgenstein whenever they're referring to flem. And LOL. Also yeah, I think I'm a lot meaner when I'm not using 8bit so it's probably good that I use different alias'.

thetruth wrote:The nice thing is all this time I haven't seen any kinda of vac hack yet.

That IS nice. So I started playing Latale again and everything is fine but the controls are reaaally bugging me. Maybe I'll try the gamepad feature later. Also, I tried that program and it for some reason gave me horrible lag that crashed the game. I'll try fiddling with it though.

P.s. I really like the cash shop, ughhhh. I love so much to bedazzle my character<3
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 am

8Bit, you need to get yourself a controller, you'll notice less latency issues with controllers. Some games just aren't meant to be played using the keyboard, it's like Microsoft's Kinnect or the Wii's dumbchucks. They're an option, but controllers are still superior.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next