8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Hamelin going to do to IG what it did to OS?

2 posters

Go down

Is Hamelin going to do to IG what it did to OS? Empty Is Hamelin going to do to IG what it did to OS?

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 am

I've known this for a while now and the trend IgnitedGames seems to be undergoing is stating to rub me the wrong way. It seems instead of going out and finding innovative unique MMOs to purchase the license to put on their website and make money off of they'd rather pick up the pieces of games that were hosted by previous companies knowing that those games have its share of loyalist that they could leech off of to start off with a sizable community and hopefully capitalize on it. That in itself could be great for the players who stuck by said game for its lifespan with the previous host MMO company but I think it could be more damaging to the company itself rather than good.

From what I've observed at late it seems that many MMO companies ( and developers ) are just looking to make a quick buck while ignoring that we, the players, change with time. An example of this is Game321's Pookie Pirates. Now, Pookie Ninja when it first came out was fresh for its time and a nice change from the plethora of RTS browser games out there, hence, why it was popular. However, to have released Pookie Pirates at this day in age especially after having changed nearly nothing from Pookie Ninja to me is more of an insult than a joy.

Players nowadays have become accustomed to being laughed at it seems. We'll basically play anything. Even more so when games fail to do well with one MMO company, and then is passed on like a hand me down to another company while patting them on the back saying "It didn't work out for me, but you're something special kid, good luck" Do players really think simply because a game exchange hands that it'll magically do better? I'm seeing way too many games now being so called "revived" from the dead. If you've read any MMO news in recent years you're very familiar with this. Another good example ( from IgnitedGames ) is Dark Eden. Why must they regurgitate games so much. Dark Eden isn't the only game, take R.O.S.E online, I mean even when word got out that no new content was being produced for the game, people still persisted to play it. Myst Online: Uru Live is another horrible example of people who play games KNOWING that no new content will ever come out for the game.

At this point you're probably wondering whats the whole point of this thread, very well. We'll ignore for now that the only game that wasn't a "hand me down" in IngitedGames is Atlantica ( excellent game by the way ) But the fact that they've released a Turkish version of Rosh is a very questionable decision. It's general knowledge that Spanish is the most commonly spoken language being followed closely by English so why make a Turkish Rosh? In fact, why segregate players like this in the first place? A problem that lesser popular games face today is that the games would ( at the expense of possible latency issues ) would at least have the player base and possible revenue intake to sustain itself rather than being divided into several small struggling servers. What about Turkish players who were playing the English version of Rosh? Do they simply get their accounts migrated to the Turkish version? But wouldn't that distance them from the rest of the world, how would such a small minority of MMO gamers be able to sustain their own server is something I can't wrap my head around. Do they ever take suggestions, or even care about their players anymore? It would appear that the only games that do "Appear" to care about their players are the games that make a mountain load of money. And even they are just money grubbing sons of bitches.

T;L;D;R It's bad enough that I.G is filled with failed games from other companies or hand me downs, but what's the point of hosting multiples of the same game just in a different language? Aren't there more important things to focus on such as, I dunno, the state of Wonder King and Wind Slayer 2?
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

Is Hamelin going to do to IG what it did to OS? Empty Re: Is Hamelin going to do to IG what it did to OS?

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:26 am

Valkyrie wrote:I've known this for a while now and the trend IgnitedGames seems to be undergoing is stating to rub me the wrong way. It seems instead of going out and finding innovative unique MMOs to purchase the license to put on their website and make money off of they'd rather pick up the pieces of games that were hosted by previous companies knowing that those games have its share of loyalist that they could leech off of to start off with a sizable community and hopefully capitalize on it. That in itself could be great for the players who stuck by said game for its lifespan with the previous host MMO company but I think it could be more damaging to the company itself rather than good.

From what I've observed at late it seems that many MMO companies ( and developers ) are just looking to make a quick buck while ignoring that we, the players, change with time. An example of this is Game321's Pookie Pirates. Now, Pookie Ninja when it first came out was fresh for its time and a nice change from the plethora of RTS browser games out there, hence, why it was popular. However, to have released Pookie Pirates at this day in age especially after having changed nearly nothing from Pookie Ninja to me is more of an insult than a joy.

Players nowadays have become accustomed to being laughed at it seems. We'll basically play anything. Even more so when games fail to do well with one MMO company, and then is passed on like a hand me down to another company while patting them on the back saying "It didn't work out for me, but you're something special kid, good luck" Do players really think simply because a game exchange hands that it'll magically do better? I'm seeing way too many games now being so called "revived" from the dead. If you've read any MMO news in recent years you're very familiar with this. Another good example ( from IgnitedGames ) is Dark Eden. Why must they regurgitate games so much. Dark Eden isn't the only game, take R.O.S.E online, I mean even when word got out that no new content was being produced for the game, people still persisted to play it. Myst Online: Uru Live is another horrible example of people who play games KNOWING that no new content will ever come out for the game.

At this point you're probably wondering whats the whole point of this thread, very well. We'll ignore for now that the only game that wasn't a "hand me down" in IngitedGames is Atlantica ( excellent game by the way ) But the fact that they've released a Turkish version of Rosh is a very questionable decision. It's general knowledge that Spanish is the most commonly spoken language being followed closely by English so why make a Turkish Rosh? In fact, why segregate players like this in the first place? A problem that lesser popular games face today is that the games would ( at the expense of possible latency issues ) would at least have the player base and possible revenue intake to sustain itself rather than being divided into several small struggling servers. What about Turkish players who were playing the English version of Rosh? Do they simply get their accounts migrated to the Turkish version? But wouldn't that distance them from the rest of the world, how would such a small minority of MMO gamers be able to sustain their own server is something I can't wrap my head around. Do they ever take suggestions, or even care about their players anymore? It would appear that the only games that do "Appear" to care about their players are the games that make a mountain load of money. And even they are just money grubbing sons of bitches.

T;L;D;R It's bad enough that I.G is filled with failed games from other companies or hand me downs, but what's the point of hosting multiples of the same game just in a different language? Aren't there more important things to focus on such as, I dunno, the state of Wonder King and Wind Slayer 2?

Summary......?
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Tang : 110

Back to top Go down

Is Hamelin going to do to IG what it did to OS? Empty Re: Is Hamelin going to do to IG what it did to OS?

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:35 am

I have a tendency to write T;L;D;R threads.

Basically what I'm saying is, is Hamelin going to pull back their game from IG and then ignore them like they did with OS to the point where IG has to announce the games closing ( it was nice of OS to keep WS open until the end of the contract) IG clearly has the funding to provide for WS but it seems like once again Hamelin isn't taking things seriously with getting their game outside South Korea.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:00 am

Valkyrie wrote:I have a tendency to write T;L;D;R threads.

Basically what I'm saying is, is Hamelin going to pull back their game from IG and then ignore them like they did with OS to the point where IG has to announce the games closing ( it was nice of OS to keep WS open until the end of the contract) IG clearly has the funding to provide for WS but it seems like once again Hamelin isn't taking things seriously with getting their game outside South Korea.

No idea what TLDR is... tomorrow leopards dig rabies? da feck?

I used to hate Outspark when i was a kid for taking WS1 down 'cuz i thought it was their fault lol. but now i know its dang Hamelin. if they really got serious, they would've been making serious cash..
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:28 am

derpbag wrote:

I used to hate Outspark when i was a kid for taking WS1 down 'cuz i thought it was their fault lol. but now i know its dang Hamelin. if they really got serious, they would've been making serious cash..
<_> Too Long Didn't Read
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  derpbag Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 am

Valkyrie wrote:
derpbag wrote:

<_> Too Long Didn't Read

Too flashy image.... x -x what? huh? cant see..... ow.... o;akhfhpohaf *falls off chair*
derpbag
derpbag
Rising Pixel
Rising Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum