8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMO deal breakers.

2 posters

Go down

MMO deal breakers. Empty MMO deal breakers.

Post  Valkyrie Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Some of you guys like myself have been trying out a few games during Wind Slayer hiatus and also like me, you probably aren't playing any game at the moment. Why do you think that is? When you try out a new game, what about the game usually makes you quit?

For me, my MMO deal breakers are.

Everything being accessible through cash shop leaving free players to bust their ass while premium users simply toss in 5 ~ 10 USD and instantly get an equal amount as a free user spending 10 ~ 15 hours of gameplay to get. I don't mind a game being more on a cash based side but when a game totally caters to premium users that's when I decide nah I'm playing something else.

Easy difficulty bores me to tears, I for one love mobbing 20 ~ 30 monsters and then killing them simultaneously but usually in those games where you're able to do that you have to put in the effort to achieve good gears to do it. When you do get that great armor, its so rewarding to mob the entire screen full of monsters and then pew pew them away. I don't care how good a game is, if the game is too easy, I want nothing to do with it. I recently quit Dragonica because of this.

Unreachable max enhancements, quite a few games are guilty when it comes to having for example

Weapon enhance levels 1 ~ 15
Enhance success % at level 1 100%
Enhance success % at level 5 60%
Enhance success % at level 10 30%

And if you fail the item is destroyed. I hate games that do this, it forces players to spam safety amulets ( or whatever the game calls it ) to keep your item from breaking which trolls premium and free players. This also is a contributor to cash based P.V.P

What makes you quit games?
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

MMO deal breakers. Empty ...

Post  thetruth Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 pm

My deal breakers are mainly if you can't play the game with a game pad I won't touch it. I have never played a game for more then 3 days that didn't require a game pad. If the classes are gendered locked I won't play it because it kinda kills the role playing element. And grinding, If you can only kill 1-3 monsters at a time I won't hang around for too long. I love grinding and want it to go smoothly so I can level fast. In windslayer I could grind 8 hrs. a day sometimes because I could open a movie in another window and not worry about dying while I was grinding because all of the monsters would follow each other and I wouldn't have to constantly mash buttons, stop, mash buttons repeat. Biggest deal breaker is when nothing is done to balance levels in pvp.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 86

Back to top Go down

MMO deal breakers. Empty Re: MMO deal breakers.

Post  Valkyrie Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm

thetruth wrote:My deal breakers are mainly if you can't play the game with a game pad I won't touch it. I have never played a game for more then 3 days that didn't require a game pad. If the classes are gendered locked I won't play it because it kinda kills the role playing element. And grinding, If you can only kill 1-3 monsters at a time I won't hang around for too long. I love grinding and want it to go smoothly so I can level fast. In windslayer I could grind 8 hrs. a day sometimes because I could open a movie in another window and not worry about dying while I was grinding because all of the monsters would follow each other and I wouldn't have to constantly mash buttons, stop, mash buttons repeat. Biggest deal breaker is when nothing is done to balance levels in pvp.

I can feel you on the whole game pad issue, I never played a FPS for more than a week cause I can't stand keyboard controls, same with fighting games, other types of games re fine. Yeah I hate gender lock classes *points at dragon nest* how cliche is male warrior/knight female archer/mage. I also feel you on grinding, I hate games where monsters are uber tough and have to be beaten the majority of the time 1 ~ 5 at the most, any more then you need a leechy healer tagging along with you. But for me I'm only satisfied when I'm fighting 10 ~ 20 +. We have similar ways of determining if we want to continue playing games or not. I also hate button mashing games, I recently quit Dragon Saga because my wrist was cramping really bad to the point it hurt to play the game, X X X X X X X C X X X X X C X X X X X X C imagine doing that for 5+ hours straight during x2 periods ( which are every day )
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

MMO deal breakers. Empty Re: MMO deal breakers.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down