8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding possible WS return.

2 posters

Go down

Regarding possible WS return. Empty Regarding possible WS return.

Post  Valkyrie Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 am

I'm sure by now most of your hopes are dwindling and for good reasons too. That being said it's never hurts to hope even if things seem hopeless. On occasion I find myself going on the Wind Slayer 2 Facebook page peeking round there, peeking at IgnitedGames site/forums seeing if there's any changes and what-not and if you have been keeping up to date or late thereof you'd probably if not most likely have read know by now that IgnitedGames has confirmed that they're still figuring out a plan that works for both the Developers of WonderKing and themselves and still are trying to bring the game back http://wk.ignitedgames.com/center/news/notice_view.asp?page=1&list_seq=489. This is all peaches and cream for the WonderKing players but that still leaves us in the dark about our situation. That being said there was no trace of WonderKing before hand and now we get conformation that there's still a chance the game will be returning 1 year + after its unfortunate closing. Mind you this is despite the fact that the Korean version of WonderKing wasn't even running during this time, Wind Slayer is.

I know this doesn't make us Wind Slayers feel any better about our game but it does go to show that simply because the game passed its deadline doesn't mean its now completely hopeless.

Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

Regarding possible WS return. Empty ..

Post  thetruth Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Kinda figured Wonderking was coming back. I saw a release date posted on mmorpg.com back in August saying release was the end of 2012 which obviously didn't happen. Never saw one for WS over there. I think if WS ever did comeback it would be more of the same. It would open for a year no one would spend money on it and Hamelin would stop updating it and the game would shut down. Then 6mos. later someone else would buy the rights and wipe the data and it would happen all over again. To me WS always seemed like a great idea. It was a mmorpg that focused on pvp and not the pve content. It was a very casual game. And when you look at the success of a casual game like Castle Crashers or Dungeon Rampage it's really hard to see where Hamelin went wrong. It wasn't a balance issues, all games have balance issues. It wasn't a lack of updates because the community was small from the start of the Ignited run. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. Maybe better advertising next time around. As for missing the deadline and clinging to false hope. I was always hopeful WK would come back because of the press I had seen and the legal matters were documented online so they always had something brewing. Hamelin and Ignited have given me no reason to think or suggest that the game is coming back and thats a shame but I'm okay with it. I also sincerely doubt anyone will touch this game once Ignited is done with it. Hamelin is really building up an unimpressive track record and continue their shady business practices.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 86

Back to top Go down

Regarding possible WS return. Empty Re: Regarding possible WS return.

Post  Valkyrie Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:00 pm

thetruth wrote:Kinda figured Wonderking was coming back. (1) I saw a release date posted on mmorpg.com back in August saying release was the end of 2012 which obviously didn't happen. Never saw one for WS over there. I think if WS ever did comeback it would be more of the same. (2) It would open for a year no one would spend money on it and Hamelin would stop updating it and the game would shut down. Then 6mos. later someone else would buy the rights and wipe the data and it would happen all over again. To me WS always seemed like a great idea. It was a mmorpg that focused on pvp and not the pve content. It was a very casual game. And when you look at the success of a casual game like Castle Crashers or Dungeon Rampage it's really hard to see where Hamelin went wrong. It wasn't a balance issues, all games have balance issues. It wasn't a lack of updates because the community was small from the start of the Ignited run. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. Maybe better advertising next time around. As for missing the deadline and clinging to false hope. I was always hopeful WK would come back because of the press I had seen and the legal matters were documented online so they always had something brewing. (3) Hamelin and Ignited have given me no reason to think or suggest that the game is coming back and thats a shame but I'm okay with it. (4) I also sincerely doubt anyone will touch this game once Ignited is done with it. (5) Hamelin is really building up an unimpressive track record and continue their shady business practices.

(1)Well there maybe an explanation for that, there was a time when mysteriously the WonderKing 2 Kr website opened mention something about Closed Beta testing and for whatever reason it vanished nearly as soon as it appeared. So one would imagine that the Developer team may have gotten the word out there about a return and then bumped into another problem. I could imagine there wasn't one for Wind Slayer since it already had a promised return date of Fall 2012.

(2) I can sort agree with that, Wind Slayer has made a bad name for itself, most games usually get 1 chance at making it and a very lucky few get 2 chances such as Seven Soul which was previous Martial Empire but if you can count this as a legitimate shut down this could be Wind Slayer's 3rd chance?

This also goes with the whole being stuck in time thing, it could be a valid argument in saying with so many side scrolling action rpgs that Wind Slayer doesn't appeal to that many people, its too simplistic and doesn't offer a whole lot that others don't. Either that or the game looks too outdated? Lot of people out there are graphic whores.

(3) Them not repairing the site could be a cause for concern, but maybe it's just not a priority since the game isn't currently running. Even with this latest update IgnitedGames still have no updated the WonderKing site which says its not really important at this moment. Giving players news with no substance would only make player's more hostile. But hey, my hopes will stay intact as long as the Korean version is up usually when the Korean version stays online, there's a chance the game'll come back.

(4) 3rd strike rule?

(5)I wasn't around very long during early Wind Slayer times to develop any opinions of Avocado, Hamelin, whoever hahaha so I don't know anything about any shady practices they were doing during those times.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

Regarding possible WS return. Empty Re: Regarding possible WS return.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down