8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone buy an Ouya?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone buy an Ouya? Empty Anyone buy an Ouya?

Post  thetruth Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Since this site leans towards 8 bit style side scrollers did anyone buy an Ouya game system? I did. I pretty much just use it to play super nintendo and genesis games on my TV because it's a lot easier to get friends to play emulated games on a tv with 2 game pads than on a lap top or pc with 2 game pads. The game selection for the system itself is pretty bad as it is for development and indie games. You will see a few app store or google play games but it really was a bad idea to launch a system with no exclusive or flagship titles. There are a couple of other android based micro consoles coming out to offer cheaper gaming at reasonable prices for the retro crowd like gamestick, madcatz, and I think google is developing one as well as steam. Been playing clay fighers and samurai showdown. Online multiplayer is suppose to come to games before the years end as there are only a handful at present.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 86

Back to top Go down

Anyone buy an Ouya? Empty Re: Anyone buy an Ouya?

Post  Valkyrie Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:10 am

With the existence of steam I just don't see any reason to purchase an Ouya.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

Anyone buy an Ouya? Empty Xxx

Post  thetruth Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Ouya pretty much more or less answers the question of what if you could play tablet games on your tv using a game pad instead of a virtual touch screen controller. And for some fighting games it works a lot better. The main appeal of the Ouya is it's hacker friendly which makes it inexpensive if you know what I mean. Ouya is kinda for the retro and Indy crowd that is tired of mainstream gaming. It's great for emulation nes, snes, genesis, n64, neo geo, and ps1 and you can use a ps3 six axis controller for multiplayer. It's also used as a confident streamer for xbmc so you can watch cable or tv shows. If you have $100 to spend its a nice purchase but if your expecting sony or Microsoft style games it's a pass. I just like it because it's easy to carry around and a lot easier to get my friends to play old play station games on my tv rather than sitting I front of a small pc screen.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 86

Back to top Go down

Anyone buy an Ouya? Empty Re: Anyone buy an Ouya?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum