8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you ever hack if the intention was good?

4 posters

Go down

Would you ever hack if the intention was good? Empty Would you ever hack if the intention was good?

Post  Valkyrie Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:51 am

Just as the title suggest, if you knew of content that wasn't planned on being opened to the public ( such as korean outfits or seasonal outfits, hats and what-not ) or you knew of content was in the game but was not readily available for everyone, would you hack the game to make it available for everyone?

If your friend was hacking and you were the only person who knew about it, would you allow him/her to continue doing it as long as they kept it to themselves? Would you demand that they share the hack with you in order to keep you quiet? (blackmail basically ) or would you tell them to cease or you'll expose them?

Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

Would you ever hack if the intention was good? Empty Re: Would you ever hack if the intention was good?

Post  8bit Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:11 am

I would just stay out of all of it
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

https://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Would you ever hack if the intention was good? Empty Re: Would you ever hack if the intention was good?

Post  Owt Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:25 pm

I really wouldn't hack period, with one or two exceptions
Unless the game was actually planning to be closed (For example, when Outspark announced that WindSlayer was going to be closed by the end of two weeks)
OR
If it were a private server where I was allowed to do as I wished. c:
BUT, if it was a company that had other games that I liked, then it wouldn't be worth it to get my account hammered.

If a buddy was hacking, I'd either keep quiet and not care (it really isn't my business on what they do, right?), or persuade him/her to stop and start nagging about consequences. :D
nobutsrslydonthack
Owt
Owt
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  8bit Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:02 pm

If a good friend started hacking I would only once take the time to remind them of the potential consequences, and after that just never bring it up again. Like I do when a good friend in real life smokes or does drugs. Something quick like "You know those things are bad for you. :^\ ". Also, I actually used to use speed hacks with this one game but the programs were so widely used by the other players that you simply could not keep up with anyone if you didn't use them. That's my exception.
8bit
8bit
Admin
Admin

Tang : 230

https://8bsh.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Drifter Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:07 am

I would personally try to make such "content" available if the game was in such an abandoned state like Windslayer 1 that hackers could roam and do as they please for the sake of community in mind >D but to a certain extent, although I can't hack for shet .-.

As for any buddies of mine hacking, I would pretend nothing is happening because as long as it isn't anything extreme it wouldn't really bother me that much as a fellow player but I wouldn't partake in any hacking myself for the fear of ruining the experience of the game for me. >;]
Drifter
Drifter
4bit Member
4bit Member

Tang : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down