8Bit Superheroes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

8Bit Superheroes
8Bit Superheroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the only way to save this game..

2 posters

Go down

the only way to save this game.. Empty the only way to save this game..

Post  thetruth Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:13 pm

For whatever reasons cash shop mmorpgs don't last like cash shop mmo's. Mmo's are based for casual playing with no depth like Combat Arms or Lost Saga so cash shop is fine for them. But not for MMORPG'S. Yes, La Tale and Maple Story are the leaders but are mere exceptions. The only way to save a game like Windslayer is to have premium user accounts and free accounts. Premium has a monthly fee and allows you to level to the cap gives you more storage etc. Most premium games run $10-$15 usd a month. Free accounts let you level to the halfway point. You could still have a cash shop also. This is how they were trying to run games before the cash shop scene exploded 6yrs. ago. and put a halt to it. It would bring the money players in who would be paying for an advantage and the free players could still play along in there private rooms and not worry about imbalance's if they think they are at a disadvantage. After all the point of these game's is to make money to pay for bandwidth, updates and maitenance. Not to pander to people who have no interest in keeping the game alive by paying for programmers. The old formula games get churned out and abandoned because the bugs aren't fixed a few months after intial launch. Then they let the game ride out until their license expires in attempt to make the money back they spent from publishing. It will never happen. It's just the only way to save the game.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Tang : 86

Back to top Go down

the only way to save this game.. Empty Re: the only way to save this game..

Post  Valkyrie Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:50 pm

If there's one thing that kills the game is lack of advertisement, if you go into an open forum for 2D games and try to mention Wind Slayer it is likely not many have even hear of the game. I searched MMOHuts forums for any sign of Wind Slayer, and yes, MMOhut is VERY popular, and I've only seen 1 instance of where I seen ANY mention of Wind Slayer, and you know where that was? It was on "Worst MMOs you have ever played" thread. So that is the main factor when it comes to Wind Slayer not being successful, looking at games like La tale and Lost Saga are examples of games joining the race later in time and being able to catch up rather quickly by being great games, active updates, and nice advertisement. I haven't ever seen an advertisement for Wind Slayer on ANY site and that alone hurts the game severely. Merely hosting events where players have to go out and advertise for the game is only half the battle. The company has employees, pay one of them to advertise the game. It has nothing to do with the cash shop.

Wind Slayer did terrible with OutSpark, but that's because it was a very poorly maintained game, people even dubbed it "Bug Slayer" When you play a game and you see that the last update was nearly a year ago, you're not likely to stay playing that game, that with a lack of advertisement support is a recipe for disaster. IgnitedGames is doing Wind Slayer just as much injustice as OutSpark did, not a single advertisement for the game to be found anywhere. So, even if people do see the game, there's nothing that says "Hey, look at this game, its bursting with life" like you see with the hoards of Maple ads everywhere.

I don't think its the actual game itself that is the reason for Wind Slayer's situation, its because of the company that developers it and the company that host it.

Look at now, 6 month shut down after only being open for a mere 3 months? Are you kidding me?
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Tang : 534

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BabyFlower

Back to top Go down

Post  thetruth Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Really it's just Hamelin Outspark and Ignited just got suckered by big promises. They could suggest content but not add it. I was extremely skeptical about Windslayer2 after the train wreck the first one was. They kinda did somethings right Mages weren't ungodly like in the first one, but now dark preist were. The smartest thing they did was remove blocking from the game. With the lag from the foreign players it really gave them the advantage and atleast 80% of the player base was foreign. Another bad decision was keeping the Windslayer name. People already new Hamelin cared nothing for the U.S. server. And I don't understand why they don't get you can't have multiple moves in pvp that do the same thing. For instance, confusion, thorn, ice, blizzard....etc The first game was kinda cool where it would glitch you if you tried to pull of cheap moves. And the economy in WS2 was a joke. I had 70 million gold on one account just from hunting not selling just hunting. The most I ever had in the first game from just hunting was around 4 million. Since Hamelin doesn't listen to user suggestions, I'm gonna think the only thing to get fixed is the beast glitch and maybe they will add some maps, but nothing else.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Really it's just Hamelin Outspark and Ignited just got suckered by big promises.

How can the developers be sucked in by big promises? If you mean OutSpark and Ignited Games, I would have to disagree again. The companies get to choose which games they believe will make it in the US MMO market and cut a deal with the developers to license the game. If a company decides to buy the rights to license a game and the game flops its their faults for choosing a game with little potential, not the developers. That being said I think we all think that OutSpark did what they could to get Hamelin's attention with Wind Slayer 1 but like a team, if some people decide they don't want to play, everyone loses.

They could suggest content but not add it. I was extremely skeptical about Windslayer2 after the train wreck the first one was.

I think Hamelin just abandoned the US version of Wind Slayer 1 once they decided to modernize Wind Slayer into Wind Slayer 2, its not very far'fetched to believe.

They kinda did somethings right Mages weren't ungodly like in the first one, but now dark preist were.

Mages wern't exactly "godly" in Wind Slayer 1, the problem lied in move priority. Mages had so many AOE attacks that did equal damage to surrounding foes while classes like Paladin and Berserker didn't. Had all the classes had equal amounts of AOE skills as mages ( that did equal damage to all ) the game would've been very balanced. This could have been implemented with Wind Slayer 1's pvp system intact. But everyone has different taste of course.

The smartest thing they did was remove blocking from the game.

I'd have to disagree, I loved blocking in Wind Slayer 1, it game a sense of strategy to the game. Wind Slayer 2 encourages everyone to hax attack power, and spam the same combo that is impossible to free yourself from over and over until someone dies. It's a very boring repetitive system. Also, removing blocking allows newblets to kite others to death. Lame !

With the lag from the foreign players it really gave them the advantage and atleast 80% of the player base was foreign.

I never experienced any lag issues in Wind Slayer, and people who did were more than likely graphic lagging, if they weren't, that's just how MMOs are. Play any other MMO in pvp and you'll see foreigners lag and most of the time it gives them an advantage over people that live locally. However, it depends on how fast paced the pvp is aswell as weather its a 3D game or not. Lag tends to be more forgiving in 2D MMOs and downright disgusting in 3D.

Another bad decision was keeping the Windslayer name. People already new Hamelin cared nothing for the U.S. server.

Very true, most of the companies that re-release their game release it under a new game to start fresh, keeping the same name holds allot of baggage.

And the economy in WS2 was a joke. I had 70 million gold on one account just from hunting not selling just hunting. The most I ever had in the first game from just hunting was around 4 million.

The economy is fine, it's just the drop rate for gears is insane, they need to either tone it down dramatically like in Wind Slayer 1 or make the most of the drops miscs. As I said numerous times, Wind Slayer 2 is just a dumbed down newb friendlier version of Wind Slayer 1.

Since Hamelin doesn't listen to user suggestions, I'm gonna think the only thing to get fixed is the beast glitch and maybe they will add some maps, but nothing else.

Nope, play Korean Wind Slayer, people still abuse Beast Glitch and Perma Stunning. Nothing is different in Korean Wind Slayer than the one we briefly played.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  thetruth Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Yes, Hamelin is the developer when Outspark and Ignited got the license they are promised updates and maintence to keep the game fresh. Hamelin never delivered and the publishers aka licensee's got suckered. Yes, they had the right to choose but they wouldn't have chosen a product that had no support or no cooperation from the developer so yes they got swindled hard. If the game earns money the game gets updates so your left out in the cold with a half baked product that didn't stand a chance. The issue isn't Hamelin gave up on Windslayer to start develop Windslayer2 . The issue is they had a player base who loved the game but wouldn't take few hours to make some new clothes or anything. It's tasteless to turn on people like that who bought into your product. They have very poor ethics which is why I was skeptical and the first game was shoddy and they had their name it and didn't do anything about it. They didn't care about the backlash from the players or their own publisher. I'm sure Outspark didn't lose out to Ignited in a bidding war for this game. They already went down that road and took a loss. So yes, train wreck. Hamelin is a stigma for poor quality and underachieving. I wonder how long Ignited signed up if they are actually waiting until fall? Outspark must have had a 3yr. contract and rode it out and saw an update for lvl 90+ come in the midst of 18 months with that being the only update. The mage thing I said about being "godly" was referring to the aoe damage and splash damage. The sad thing is if they even had did a minor patch once they could have slowed down the users of the hack for a while. The drop rate is part of the economy. When hunting completely defeats the purpose of buying equipment and gear from the in game weapon shops and you don't have to save every little piece of gold to buy regular equipment the economy is over inflated. When you go to the market and people aren't able to sell discounted regular gear the economy is dead. This game had the worse economy I ever seen. Block would have been cool if they had it take some mp everytime you used it. Not a little hp. Most WS pro fights I saw went, run out wait for someone to use a skill block, dash grab, hit repeat. It's boring seeing people do this over and over. I liked minus block because it forced you to do something, attack or evade and threw in a small chance of luck and thinking on the fly. The only way this is strategy is if your a veteran fighting a noob. That's really dissapointing if kws still beast glitch. I bet they have an active cashshop so they can still leech money from their inferior product.

Last edited by thetruth on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:12 pm

thetruth wrote:Yes, Hamelin is the developer when Outspark and Ignited got the license they are promised updates and maintence to keep the game fresh. Hamelin never delivered and the publishers aka licensee's got suckered. Yes, they had the right to choose but they wouldn't have chosen a product that had no support or no cooperation from the developer so yes they got swindled hard. If the game earns money the game gets updates so your left out in the cold with a half baked product that didn't stand a chance. I wonder how long Ignited signed up if they are actually waiting until fall? Outspark must have had a 3yr. contract and rode it out and saw an update for lvl 90+ come in the midst of 18 months with that being the only update. The sad thing is if they even had did a minor patch once they could have slowed down the users of the hack for a while. The drop rate is part of the economy. When hunting completely defeats the purpose of buying equipment and gear from the in game weapon shops and you don't have to save every little piece of gold to buy regular equipment the economy is over inflated. When you go to the market and people aren't able to sell discounted regular gear the economy is dead. This game had the worse economy I ever seen. Block would have been cool if they had it take some mp everytime you used it. Not a little hp. Most WS pro fights I saw went, run out wait for someone to use a skill block, dash grab, hit repeat. It's boring seeing people do this over and over. I liked minus block because it forced you to do something, attack or evade. The only way this is strategy is if your a veteran fighting a noob. That's really dissapointing if kws still beast glitch. I bet they have an active cashshop so they can still leech money from their inferior product.

You're right, it's like when a game developer tells you that their game will be done in 2 weeks and has you pay half now half when it's done, but when those 2 weeks are up you learn they've barely done anything. So in that regards you're right.

It's isn't up to IgnitedGames ( though obvious ) although I really do fail to see why such a long shut down period was necessary, Wind Slayer 2 seems to be running fine in Korea.

About the economy, it's a very easy fit, dramatically reduce the drop rate of armor gears, that'll fix everything.

About pvp, I suggest that if you're hit more than 3 ~ 4 times consecutively, you should fall down on the ground, this will very much (Imo) help against super combo / perma stun issue.
Valkyrie
Valkyrie
Helpful Member
Helpful Member

Back to top Go down

Post  thetruth Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah, that is a good idea. And the community always had so many. But Hamelin just doesn't care. I think ignited could have kept it open but didn't want there name connected to a product of that quality so they put it on hiatus.
thetruth
thetruth
8bit Member
8bit Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down